- The school is now in a Tier 0 Area. Only people from within that Tier 4 Area can attend sessions.
- Despite the great news regarding COVID, we still must operate with COVID preventative measures and restrictions in place.
Arival & Departure
- Parents must not come to the compound whilst dropping off, or collecting their children
- No Parents can park at the compound at any time
- Parents/family should not congregate near the compound, or at any of the access paths, slipway or pontoons that may be used during the session.
- Hand disinfect, when you:
- Enter the compound
Especially if you are going to:
- Touch the gate
- Accept or return club kit
- Touch any club kit
- Enter the compound
- You must be a club member.
- You must book a slot before you come to the club.
- There is a limit on the session numbers. You must have a slot booked before attending.
- Use your own equipment, unless prior arrangement has been made with the Session Coach.
- If equipment is required from the compound the the session coach may assign a volunteer as the “Compound Manager”
- If a “Coached Session” offers the use of club kit, then it will be layed out for you by the Coach or Compound Manager before hand. They will handle delivery and recovery of any club kit.
No parents or volunteers can assist with this, or the safety boat preparation.
- Be cautious at all times on and off the water.
The safety benefit of the RIB, is much greater than the COVID risk from operating the RIB, providing these precautions are followed:
- RIBs can only be operated by the Session Coach and Assistant.
- All RIB operations to follow these rules, during launching and recovery:
- Where possible, members of the same household to launch and recover boats (Session Coach and Assistant)
- Clean all surfaces post useage
We all need to understand and follow these precautions so that we can help everyone stay safe.
On the water
- The only personal contact will be
- Session Coach in a rescue/medical situation
The measures above will hopefully be relaxed as soon as government restrictions allow.
Sport Scotland & RYA Guidance
Further Resources (Scotland)
- NHS Inform (NHS Scotland website)
- Scottish Government
- Scottish Outdoor Access Code
- Dept of Health (UK Government) will be updated at 2pm daily
- World Health Organisation situation report (updates)
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Continue to CERTIFICATION QUIZ